Memories

5 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
Admin
Topic starter

Share your favorite stories and memories of Mable Ruth!

4 Replies
1 Reply

We all know it is only the Lord who can change a life. Yet Miss Wray had such a profound impact upon my entire family. I know I would not be possibly a Christian.  She reached out to us back in 1962 and never stopped praying or working in our lives. She will be missed and cannot easily be replaced. Bob Horne.

Admin
Topic starter

The first time I met Miss Mable Ruth she removed her wordless book pin from her jacket, pinned it on mine, and said, "There. Now you have no excuse." It's something that I'll never forget. She lived the Gospel like no one I have ever met and I am honored to have known her, even if for a short time.

The very first year I was with CEF as a summer missionary, Miss Mable Ruth came up to me and told me the story of how her sister named her. She then hugged me and said I reminded her of herself. It was one of the sweetest compliments I’ve ever received. Such a kind and godly women. A special place in my heart will always remain for her sweet spirit. 

Three generations of my family knew Mable Ruth.  I remember some of her lessons from 30 years ago.  As a camper at a CEF overnight camp, and later as a summer missionary, I remember her taking me aside to encourage me.  She was gracious and kind while challenging me to pursue the Lord.  It will be a joy to see her again when the Lord returns.

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Maximum allowed file size is 10MB

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: