Memories

4 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I remember Miss Ray coming to our church when I was little  she came with Virginia Landis   She was a friend of my Aunt Ann and my Aunt Goldie

3 Replies

Miss Mable Ruth was a HUGE blessing and encouragement to me. She wanted to see us summer missionaries with CEF succeed! She is dearly missed.

Proverbs 17:17 A friend loves at all times.  

A true friend is always loyal.  Mable Ruth was that kind of friend.  Little did I know in the late 50’s when she came to visit me and give me material to teach children that a friendship would begin and last until gray hair would define us.  For you see I was a teenager with that first introduction.

Moving and distance brought the parting of ways at various time but the bond of friendship doesn’t change. Precious and remarkable that I can say to the Lord, “Thank you Lord Jesus for this dear lady who impacted my life and the lives of my children.  Make me this kind of friend to others”.

I love you Mable Ruth and we meet again.

Love, Edith

Philippians 1:3  
"I thank my God upon every remembrance of you."  Through the friendship that my mother had with Mable Ruth, this relationship carried into my life as a young child.  When I was born. my mother gave me the name "Wray" as my middle name because of the special relationship she had with Mable Ruth.  I can still remember when "Aunt Ruth" (as I affectionately call her) and Miss Virginia Landis would come home from their missions trips.  My mother would have them over for dinner and I sat anxiously awaiting to hear all the wonderful stories they would tell. As I grew older, I loved going to Camp Good News and later becoming a counselor.  It was always wonderful to see Aunt Ruth there and connect once again.  

In 1985, Aunt Ruth came to my college and asked me to pray about being a summer missionary.  That summer was life changing for me and a spiritual highlight as I marveled at what God accomplished in the lives of the children I taught and in my own life personally. As the years have gone by, my relationship with "Aunt Ruth" was always a special one.  She now has had an impact on my own grown children. I will cherish so many memories and I am so thankful that is not good-bye.  I will see you again, my sweet Aunt Ruth.

I love you!!

Linda

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Maximum allowed file size is 10MB

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: